NTT/AS2914 enabled RPKI OV 'invalid = reject' EBGP policies

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Mar 31 13:06:05 UTC 2020

On 31/Mar/20 14:46, Ben Maddison wrote:

> Tomorrow is our first ROV invalid = reject anniversary,

Ah yes - April 1 :-). Had actually forgotten about that. Fun times :-).

Congrats - we are 4 days behind you.

>  and for most of
> that time I have been in communications at various levels with Cisco
> regarding the shocking brokenness in classic and XE.
>
> Aside from some well meaning sounding email, crickets.
>
> I very much hope, for the sake of the interwebs at large, that you have
> more luck than me. We're are falling back to plan B, aka truck-roll.

I've actually been able to find a decent warm body that understands the
problems, has taken the suggested fixes and is willing to listen.

Initially, all fixes had been scheduled for 17.2 However, he is, since
the 18th of this month, working on committing the fixes to all earlier
throttles that are still open for commit, which includes a number of
16.x releases.

I also asked if he can back-port those fixes to the Cisco 7200 train -
so 15.2(S4)8 - and he's graciously looking into that. We use a couple of
those as looking glasses around the world (although we are moving to
CSR1000v now for that), but I know that a handful of networks are still
running that platform in production, and we also use it for lab
workshops and such. So getting that fixed would be most helpful.

Mark.