NTT/AS2914 enabled RPKI OV 'invalid = reject' EBGP policies

Ben Maddison benm at workonline.africa
Tue Mar 31 12:46:00 UTC 2020

On Tue, 2020-03-31 at 13:18 +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:

> On 26/Mar/20 02:50, Job Snijders wrote:
> > Dear group,
> >
> > Exciting news! Today NTT's Global IP Network (AS 2914) enabled RPKI
> > based BGP Origin Validation on virtually all EBGP sessions, both
> > customer and peering edge. This change positively impacts the
> > Internet
> > routing system.
>
> Good man. The club is growing :-).
>
> Quick one - do you have ROV on any IOS or IOS XE-based boxes? We've
> had
> to walk back the few we did in recent weeks; the thing is just
> totally
> broken there.
>
> The good news is Cisco are listening to fix suggestions, and I'm
> waiting
> for test code to verify.

Tomorrow is our first ROV invalid = reject anniversary, and for most of
that time I have been in communications at various levels with Cisco
regarding the shocking brokenness in classic and XE.

Aside from some well meaning sounding email, crickets.

I very much hope, for the sake of the interwebs at large, that you have
more luck than me. We're are falling back to plan B, aka truck-roll.

Cheers,

Ben