Free.fr vs HE.net IPv6 (Was: CISA: Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce)

Matt Erculiani merculiani at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:23:42 UTC 2020

Single homed on Cogent.* is a problem. Their network is known for being
cheap, not resilient. Last time I was involved in a Cogent install for a
customer, all of their distribution devices connected to a SINGLE core at a
major south-central US carrier hotel. True device redundancy required a
wave to another building. Pretty of absurd IMO for a carrier that likes to
play “holier than thou” with peering.

-Matt

Matt Erculiani
ERCUL-ARIN