COVID-19 vs. peering wars

Steve Mikulasik Steve.Mikulasik at civeo.com
Fri Mar 20 14:31:09 UTC 2020

In Canada the CRTC really needs to get on Canadian ISPs about peering very liberally at IXs in each province. I know of one major institution right now that would have a major work from home issue resolved if one big ISP would peer with one big tier 1 in the IX they are both located at in the same province. Instead traffic needs to flow across the country or to the USA to get back to the same city.