WIKI documentation Software?

Grimes, Greg greg.grimes at msstate.edu
Sun Mar 15 15:25:20 UTC 2020

I know I'm a bit late to the conversation.  We have been using PMWiki for well over 10 yrs now.  At the time we started using it there weren't a lot of Wikis out there.  MediaWiki obviously was the most popular, but it did not provide the level of secure access that we wanted.  We didn't want everyone to be able to edit certain pages.  It was also very easy to integrate into CAS.  I wrote a cookbook for it years ago.  We use groups to allow only certain people to edit certain pages.  We also restrict viewing of some pages.  Our Security Group keeps some of their stuff restricted.  I work for the network team and we prevent everyone but our team from editing our pages.  They can view them, just can't mess with them.  Hope this helps someone.

https://www.pmwiki.org/

--

Greg T. Grimes
Senior Network Analyst