WIKI documentation Software?

Andrew Latham lathama at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 16:24:57 UTC 2020

Mediawiki is ideal in my use. If security is a concern just front it with
oauth2 via Caddy[2] and maybe have a look at how Wikipedia self documents
infrastructure[3]

1. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki
2. https://caddyserver.com/
3. https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

On Sun, Mar 15, 2020 at 9:27 AM Grimes, Greg <greg.grimes at msstate.edu>
wrote:

> I know I'm a bit late to the conversation.  We have been using PMWiki for
well over 10 yrs now.  At the time we started using it there weren't a lot
of Wikis out there.  MediaWiki obviously was the most popular, but it did
not provide the level of secure access that we wanted.  We didn't want
everyone to be able to edit certain pages.  It was also very easy to
integrate into CAS.  I wrote a cookbook for it years ago.  We use groups to
allow only certain people to edit certain pages.  We also restrict viewing
of some pages.  Our Security Group keeps some of their stuff restricted.  I
work for the network team and we prevent everyone but our team from editing
our pages.  They can view them, just can't mess with them.  Hope this helps
someone.

> https://www.pmwiki.org/
>

> --
>
> Greg T. Grimes
> Senior Network Analyst
> Information Technology Services
> Mississippi State University
> greg.grimes at msstate.edu
> 662-325-9311

interface, it’s very simplistic and not overwhelming in features.  You can
always add extensions for stuff you need that isn’t there out of box.

> > From a technical standpoint, it doesn’t need a database.  The entire
structure is text files, so it can be run on even a super small VM, and
doing backups is as easy as tarballing the data directory.

--
- Andrew "lathama" Latham -