Chairman Pai Proposes Mandating STIR/SHAKEN To Combat Robocalls

Eric Tykwinski eric-list at truenet.com
Sun Mar 8 02:22:32 UTC 2020

Totally agree with you there, I run a mail server/monitoring server on OVH.  With TLSA records, DKIM, and MTA-STS, I’ll still see junk filters on it if I accidentally email someone other than myself.  Yes my space has been SWIP’d and I send so low email volume so it’s reputation would be neutral at best which very much justifies the spam filters due to OVH’s reputation.  Somehow I don’t think SHAKEN/STIR would be any different.

I wonder how far this would go on VoIP transit.  I purchase from voicetel.com <http://voicetel.com/> for my house, which purchases from some other providers, which probably aggregates to others.  It doesn’t seem like this is quite as easy as looking up a whois from ARIN.

Sincerely,

Eric Tykwinski
TrueNet, Inc.
P: 610-429-8300