Re: China’s Slow Transnational Network

Pengxiong Zhu pzhu011 at ucr.edu
Mon Mar 2 22:47:58 UTC 2020

> You seem to be implying that you don't believe/can't see the GFW

No, that's not what I meant. I thought mandatory content filtering at the
border means traffic throttling at the border, deliberately or accidentally
rate-limiting the traffic, now
I think he was referring to GFW and the side effect of deep packet
inspection.

In fact, we designed a small experiment to locate the hops with GFW
presence, and then try to match them with the bottleneck hops. We found
only in 34.45% of the cases, the GFW hops match the bottleneck hops.

Best,
Pengxiong Zhu
University of California, Riverside