netflix proxy/unblocker false detection

Denys Fedoryshchenko nuclearcat at nuclearcat.com
Fri Jun 26 01:12:07 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-26 01:32, Mike Hammett wrote:
> IPv6?
>
> -----

By some reason my smart TV doesn't use IPv6 for Netflix, even everything
else in same network using it properly (even developed for ESP8266/ESP32
- IPv6 enabled apps).

And what is worse:
"Netflix Kimberly
The Network settings is to check if it is in Automatic not specifically
to search for VPN and Proxy in that area, but that is okay. Then please
remember that IPv6 is not allowed and should be disabled. With all these
done, please contact your Internet Service provider to get further
clarification on this matter. I will send you an email with some other
information to consult with XXXX. Please give me a moment to send it to
you"

Honestly, this is very confusing suggestion from Netflix support (i have
native ipv6!).
Looking to
https://www.reddit.com/r/ipv6/comments/evv7r8/ipv6_and_netflix/ there is
definitely some issues for other users too.

And final nail, local providers with OCA who does peering - don't
provide IPv6 peering at all, and ISP i am using is too small to be
qualified for OCA. Since bandwidth is very expensive here, it is no-go
to push ipv6 and cutting off themself from cheaper(than "international
capacity") OCA peering.
Still, i tried, in browser it seems worked, but anyway i'm not going to
watch movies on my desktop, while i have 4k screen, and also there is
tons of users who don't have IPv6 enabled routers (they just buy
cheapest brand).