BGP route hijack by AS10990

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Fri Jul 31 14:33:22 UTC 2020

On 31/Jul/20 16:07, Job Snijders wrote:

> Could it be ... we didn't see any RPKI Invalids through Telia *because*
> they are rejecting RPKI invalids?
>
> As far as I know the BGP Polluter software does not have a configuration
> setting to only ruin the day of operators without ROAs. :-)
>
> I think the system worked as designed: without RPKI ROV @ Telia the
> damage might have been worse.

Indeed.

What I was saying is we don't know how many of the leaked routes were
dropped by Telia's ROV, if any.

We really shouldn't be having to discuss how bad this could have gotten,
because it means we are excusing Telia's inability to do proper
filtering across its eBGP sessions with its customers.

Mark.