BGP route hijack by AS10990

Job Snijders job at ntt.net
Fri Jul 31 14:07:27 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jul 31, 2020 at 03:34:47PM +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On 31/Jul/20 03:57, Aftab Siddiqui wrote:
> > Not a single prefix was signed, what I saw. May be good reason for
> > Rogers, Charter, TWC etc to do that now. It would have stopped the
> > propagation at Telia.
>
> If none of the prefixes had a ROA, no amount of Telia's shiny new "we
> drop invalids" machine would have helped, as we saw with this incident.

Could it be ... we didn't see any RPKI Invalids through Telia *because*
they are rejecting RPKI invalids?

As far as I know the BGP Polluter software does not have a configuration
setting to only ruin the day of operators without ROAs. :-)

I think the system worked as designed: without RPKI ROV @ Telia the
damage might have been worse.

Kind regards,

Job