questions asked during network engineer interview

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Tue Jul 21 23:41:33 UTC 2020

On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 2:55 PM Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.com> wrote:
> For the avoidance of doubt, "we still don't know what SDN means to us"
> means "we are not sold on the snake oil".

Hi Mark,

I suppose it depends what you're trying to accomplish. If you're a
hosting provider and you want to provide a capability both similar to
AWS VPCs and strong enough to not be a joke, you won't get there on
the tools Linux or VMWare provide. You'll have to invest in SDN tech.
If you're hooking up residential subscribers to the Internet... it's
less obvious how SDN would be of use to you.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin