BFD for long haul circuit

Tom Hill tom at ninjabadger.net
Fri Jul 17 16:42:15 UTC 2020

On 17/07/2020 16:40, Mark Tinka wrote:
> I don't know of "Consumers" that buy l2vpn's. Most consumers usually go
> for ADSL, FTTH or 4G... all carrying IP :-).
>
> We have several customers that buy EoMPLS circuits from us both within
> and outside of countries, and between continents. The reasons vary, but
> safe to say they've been happy.

Yes, I rather think that you've drawn comparison to "consumer" as being
in a home somewhere.

Someone that consumes a circuit, and someone that provides the service
(or resells one). A business customer is a consumer in that case - I
won't discriminate against what use someone has for wanting to consume
bandwidth between countries, but I do think the specificity here is in
whether you intend to just use it, or resell it, and that's where the
difference comes in relation to Robert's point.

--
Tom