BFD for long haul circuit

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Fri Jul 17 16:48:57 UTC 2020

On 17/Jul/20 18:42, Tom Hill wrote:

> Yes, I rather think that you've drawn comparison to "consumer" as being
> in a home somewhere.
>
> Someone that consumes a circuit, and someone that provides the service
> (or resells one). A business customer is a consumer in that case - I
> won't discriminate against what use someone has for wanting to consume
> bandwidth between countries, but I do think the specificity here is in
> whether you intend to just use it, or resell it, and that's where the
> difference comes in relation to Robert's point.

We see both use-cases, where businesses (enterprise) consume, and
operators resell.

Ultimately, it's about not boxing everything into a definition,
especially if it meets your needs. Just like how our idea of a core or
peering router vs. a vendor's idea of a core or peering router might
differ :-).

Mark.