SaoPaolo to Frankfurt

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 15:19:07 UTC 2020

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 12:06 PM Max Tulyev <maxtul at netassist.ua> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> Who can provide a VLAN from SaoPaolo to Frankfurt for remote IX.BR
> participation? Please contact me off-list.
>
> I see there is only one undersea cable going directly from Brazil to
> Europe. Why?

And this single cable, Atlantis-2, has very little capacity so its usage is
mostly voice traffic.
There is a new cable in construction called EllaLink (https://ella.link/)
that when installed will add plenty of capacity to this route, but most
Brazil - Germany traffic goes thru the US nowadays.

Alternative routes before EllaLink comes into operation would be one of the
Brazil-Africa cables (one to Cameroon, the other to Angola) and then to
Europe.

Rubens