SaoPaolo to Frankfurt

Colin Stanners (lists) Colin-lists at highspeedcrow.ca
Mon Jul 13 13:41:27 UTC 2020

Looking at the Wikipedia article, it claims that  Atlantis-2 “can already be upgraded with current technology to 160Gbit/s”. Would be interesting why that wasn’t already done on this 20-year-old cable – assuming that the underground infrastructure (repeaters) are compatible with the newer modulations (or additional wavelengths, but that would have necessitated much more design), the upgrade cost should be small compared to the cable’s value.