[External] Re: 10g residential CPE

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Sat Dec 26 05:44:00 UTC 2020

On 12/25/20 23:04, Michael Thomas wrote:

> I mean, i understand the arm's race, but now it seems to be an arms
> race for its own sake.

It is, because it is hard to be different when all you know is to sell
bandwidth.

The next level of differentiation is being a fibre provider, and selling
large amounts of bandwidth for less, and less, and less.

It's a total lack of creativity in the infrastructure space, where the
only goal is to maintain customers on the books.

One of the mobile operators in South Africa, just last week, launched
new data bundles for customers below a certain age. I mean, how many
ways can you slice the selling of data because you can't be creative in
other ways?

Mark.