Ipv6 help

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.com
Tue Aug 25 17:44:52 UTC 2020

On 25/Aug/20 19:36, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via NANOG wrote:

> --- I’ve managed to get better support from vendors which are
> different than Mikrotik. Some years ago, I even offered Mikrotik
> **free** help to correctly do transition … and I’m still waiting for a
> single response. I guess they have other priorities than IPv6 at all.
>

> --- I can buy 10-15 USD CPEs directly from China, with OpenWRT already
> installed, which have exactly the same design as the Mikrotik (same
> SoC, same number of LAN/WAN ports, etc.).

You're probably right. But if Mikrotik are having great success at
meeting the budget of most providers and customers, perhaps a different
approach is worth considering. Not that you haven't done you utmost
best, as I know you to always do, Jordi.

I wish I didn't have to deal with Mikrotik either, but reality is far
more different. Heck, I even own and use one myself, for my home FTTH
connection :-).

Mark.