Ipv6 help

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Tue Aug 25 17:36:33 UTC 2020

> Many vendors are running on top of OpenWRT or Linux, and both of them have CLAT support.

> Unfortunately, I can't give names which aren't already published, such as Sagemcom, D-Link, NEC and Technicolor. Believe me there are others, you just need to ask them.

This shouldn't be that hard.

--- NDAs

> Mikrotik is the worst vendor for anything related to transition. They only run pure dual-stack, and even on that, they are really bad. They even use a broken naming convention against the standards. They use 6to4 instead of 6in4, which get a lot of folks confused ...

Agreed. But they are just about the only mass CPE vendor that ships code

to add capability, vs. the traditional ones who require you to buy a new

router every year just to get new features.

That and being so cheap, you can't talk customers out of preferring to

buy them. It's not a great situation, but hey... supply & demand.

--- I’ve managed to get better support from vendors which are different than Mikrotik. Some years ago, I even offered Mikrotik *free* help to correctly do transition … and I’m still waiting for a single response. I guess they have other priorities than IPv6 at all.

--- I can buy 10-15 USD CPEs directly from China, with OpenWRT already installed, which have exactly the same design as the Mikrotik (same SoC, same number of LAN/WAN ports, etc.).

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company