Abuse Desks

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Wed Apr 29 23:59:33 UTC 2020

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 4:19 PM Matt Corallo <nanog at as397444.net> wrote:
> Now you can decide to pass judgement on the idea that someone may want to run a Tor exit node

Wait... You run a TOR exit node and you find it unreasonable that
folks would send you automated abuse complaints? In my dictionary
under "chutzpah" I'm penciling in your name.

"Not much that can be done"? Try this on for size: when people tell
you to stop sending them packets, stop sending them packets. Plenty of
folks don't want to receive packets from people trying to hide behind
your mask. If you're going to run a TOR service, you absolutely owe it
to them to respect those wishes. To even THINK about running a TOR
node you should be more than going the extra mile on this. Like fully
automated web site to let me block traffic exiting your network
towards mine extra mile

Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin