FCC grants WISPs temporary 5.9 GHz spectrum access

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Thu Apr 2 02:18:30 UTC 2020

There’s a rulemaking in process to open the same spectrum. One might
imagine an extension until that resolves.

This will raise the noise floor on a couple of extremely long distance
links I run on the same frequencies under amateur radio rules, including
one that traverses the length of the SF peninsula. Not looking forward to
that.

Matthew Kaufman