[nanog] BGP routes by country

Töma Gavrichenkov ximaera at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 22:39:04 UTC 2019

Peace,

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019, 1:07 AM Michel Py <michel.py at tsisemi.com> wrote:

> A while ago, I tried to block China. The attack profile lowered a little
> bit, but I did not feel my network was safer. Looks kind of futile to me.
> The bots are everywhere, blocking entire countries does not reduce the
> risk much.

Just the existence of onion routing makes such protection attempts
ridiculous overall.

That being said, there are ASes which, as rfg frequently reminds us, not
worth handling traffic from.  But that's just particular ASes, not
countries, and sometimes those ASes belong to generally innocent geographic
places.

--
Töma