=?UTF-8?Q?Re:_Unable_to_email_anyone_from_my_primary_domain_name; _thanks?= Google Mail and G Suite.

Josh Lawrence joshlawrence at fastmail.com
Thu Oct 24 14:10:36 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019, at 7:18 PM, Constantine A. Murenin wrote:
> A couple of months ago, I setup some new scripts that would send me new
> nightly emails. It's all plain text, but had a few dozen of domain
> names present (it's logs). Absolutely no links, just plenty of domains
> which I don't control. So, Gmail has been presenting most of these
> messages with their red warning label that the email contains malicious
> links, even though all of these emails contained zero links, zero URLs
> to any of these unknown domain names, zero URL schemes, zero "http://",
> zero "https://" etc. You get the idea.

My company uses G Suite Business, and I've seen the exact same thing with my cron jobs, and it's getting worse over time.  I have taken the following steps:

- Use the smtp relay address that Google provides
- Whitelisted my server's IP addresses to relay email
- Added my server's IPv6 and v4 addresses to the Email whitelist section in the admin console

And yet, the problem persists.  Emails going to SPAM, getting the red label that you talked about, etc.  And it's inconsistent, too - one day the cron output from Server A comes through without issue, the next day it's labeled as dangerous.

It's very, very frustrating.

--
Josh Lawrence
joshlawrence at fastmail.com