Comcast: Xfinity Flex - No emergency alerts for cordcutters

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Thu Mar 21 22:55:35 UTC 2019

In advance of Apple TV's big announcement next week, other folks are
announcing their new streaming TV boxes.  Comcast announced Xfinity Flex
today, a video streaming box.

Xfinity Flex looks and acts like a set-top box, but uses Internet, so it
avoids all those pesky cable TV rules. But emergency alerts aren't
mentioned, even in the fine print at the bottom of the page. I expect
there are none.

I still hope a reporter asks Apple about emergency alerts at its big event
on Monday. Apple TV streaming may be awesome, as that tornado destroys
your mobile trailer park.