Should Netflix and Hulu give you emergency alerts?

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Sat Mar 9 23:06:42 UTC 2019

Business ask to create near real time, location aware notification system
to increase user engagement and refine ad tracking : "That's a a great
idea, we can do that!"

Government ask to create near real time, location aware notification system
for public safety warnings : "THAT IS A BRIDGE TOO FAR, THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS
GOVERNMENT OVERREACH!"