Colo in Africa

Ken Gilmour ken.gilmour at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 15:43:26 UTC 2019

Thanks for all the replies! (really fast!)

The requirement for Bare Metal is very specific. Dealing with high speed
large files is very different to dealing with high volume small files. We
regularly encounter bottlenecks at the FSB and at the IO level. Even things
like RAID slows us down, so we have to squeeze every iota of power out of
the servers that we can. Plus, most of our customers in Africa use our free
version so cost savings are also important, and so is accessibility.