QoS for Office365

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue Jul 9 14:24:29 UTC 2019

On 9/Jul/19 16:16, Saku Ytti wrote:

> In previous life working with L3 MPLS VPN with deliveries far
> exceeding on-net size we bought access from partners and had QoS
> contracts in place, which were tested and enforced and they worked
> after some ironing during field trials.
> Usually contract was bidirectional, with partner also using our
> network for extending reach of their network, so both had incentive to
> offer working QoS with network-edge translation of marking.

I think when the partner participates in a private service, end-to-end,
there's a higher chance things will work (which I believe is one of the
components for Inter-AS l3vpn's and QoS).

However, when part of the partner's offering is off-net (especially
where off-net = public Internet), much less likely.

Mark.