Auto-configuring IPv6 transition mechanisms on customer devices

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Wed Jan 2 12:59:21 UTC 2019

On 1/2/19 7:37 AM, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> Yes, we're buying devices from a vendor that uses OpenWrt as base for
> their operating system. We're using this one currently:
>
> https://www.intenogroup.com/products/gateways/eg400/
>
> We remotely manage it using Netconf/YANG from our NMS so we can do
> software upgrades (and other management). If you have low volume you can
> of course use SSH and script it if that's what you want. They also have
> TR-69 based management, and perhaps others.

If only Ubiquiti had so many (documented) options for management...

> Get in touch with them, tell them I said hi. They might be able to
> accomodate your low volume by sending you gateways with their default
> software on it and you'd have to upgrade it to whatever image you want
> on it, yourself. It only takes a few minutes per box so should be
> perfectly doable with your low volume
That could work.  I'll give them a shout.  Thanks for the pointer.

Out of curiosity, what do you use to terminate the MAP/LW4o6
tunnels/encaps to the public Internet?  Plenty of options here, of
course, especially at the traffic rates I'm moving.  I'm just curious
what others' experiences have been as these are still somewhat new in SP
deployments, I think.
--
Brandon Martin