Auto-configuring IPv6 transition mechanisms on customer devices

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Jan 2 13:09:51 UTC 2019

On Wed, 2 Jan 2019, Brandon Martin wrote:

> Out of curiosity, what do you use to terminate the MAP/LW4o6 tunnels/encaps
> to the public Internet?  Plenty of options here, of course, especially at the
> traffic rates I'm moving.  I'm just curious what others' experiences have
> been as these are still somewhat new in SP deployments, I think.

We use https://github.com/snabbco/snabb lwAFTR.

We deploy an anycast based solution with self-check and ExaBGP to announce
the anycast next-hop the RGs after the lwAFTR instance passes its self
check. That means we can deploy these geographically diversely and also
with redundancy, and can hitlessly take them out of service if needed.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se