A Deep Dive on the Recent Widespread DNS Hijacking

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Feb 25 11:42:01 UTC 2019

Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:

> An organisation can also deploy DLV for their own zones using their own
> registry.  While the current code DLV validating code is only invoked
> when the response validates as insecure, there is nothing preventing a
> policy which says that DLV trumps or must also validate for entries in a
> registry.  At this stage is would be a minor code change to add such
> policy knobs.  DLV is a just a in-band way of distributing trust
> anchors.

Yes (as Mark knows) I would like to be able to use DLV in this enterprisey
way. It should also help validators to continue working for local domains
when external connectivity is funted.

Tony.
East Sole, Lundy, Fastnet, Irish Sea: Southeasterly 4 or 5. Rough or very
rough, but slight or moderate in Irish Sea. Mainly fair. Good, occasionally
poor.