Elephant in the room - Akamai

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Sat Dec 7 20:10:16 UTC 2019

> On Dec 7, 2019, at 3:01 PM, Eric Kuhnke <eric.kuhnke at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think this thread might be a perfect example that when an organization reaches a sufficiently large size, one part of its engineering/operations team may no longer be fully aware of what other work groups are doing. Definitely a structural challenge for ISPs that span very large geographical areas and services/roles.

We are a decent sized (public) company.  You can look at the # of employees if you are curious.  I am but one person who can try to influence things.  I’ll say that if you have a few servers from us, it’s not going to serve the entire content set that our customers have.

I do remain open to look at your individual cases and see what can be done to improve though.  The answer may be nothing, but an e-mail also costs you little.  I’ve got several people I’m corresponding with and will continue to do so at least until the paychecks dry up.  Given the number of questions I still field about my prior employer, it may even last beyond that point :-)

- Jared