Questions about satellite phones + satellite Internet

Darin Steffl darin.steffl at mnwifi.com
Fri Dec 6 22:29:21 UTC 2019

I can't speak much to phone service but between Viasat and hughesnet,
you'll have a way better experience with Viasat. Don't expect it to be full
speed once you hit the caps. It will run slow during peak times once you
hit the caps in the fine print. Off peak hours should be fairly fast.
Latency also is above 700ms so don't expect twitch gaming to work. VPN is
also bad.

I also doubt Comcast is throttling your entire community. Have you
escalated your issue with them? Maybe they have a congested node that needs
to be split. Or their peering points could be running hot so certain
services feel slow to you.