Comcast storing WiFi passwords in cleartext?

Mike Bolitho mikebolitho at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 12:55:45 UTC 2019

> I have yet to hear any discussion of the business value of access to WiFi
> network password, especially as compared to billing and identity data.

Grandma Smith calls in because she changed her WPA2 password two years ago.
Her grandson just bought her a new iPad and she can't connect. Tier I
support says "I have your 'WiFi password' right here. It's hunter22." The
call take 45 seconds and you're off to solve the next question. It is all
about call center metrics. Is it right? No. But that's the business driver
behind it.