Comcast storing WiFi passwords in cleartext?

Töma Gavrichenkov ximaera at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 18:42:25 UTC 2019

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019, 3:57 PM Mike Bolitho <mikebolitho at gmail.com> wrote:

> Grandma Smith calls in because she changed her WPA2 password two years
> ago. Her grandson just bought her a new iPad and she can't connect. Tier I
> support says "I have your 'WiFi password' right here. It's hunter22." The
> call take 45 seconds and you're off to solve the next question.

Isn't it just better to have it always displayed, in a 40pt sized font, on
some LAN-accessible Web page, reachable without authentication by default,
so that the call center folk won't have to spend 2 more minutes telling
Mrs. Smith that "yes, two is a number and hunter is in lowercase" but would
rather simply point her to an URL?

--
Töma.