Special Counsel Office report web site

fwessling at succinctsystems.com fwessling at succinctsystems.com
Thu Apr 18 02:55:56 UTC 2019

And we may still see the web stack being the ultimate cause of the delay.

Parkinson's law always comes to the rescue:-)
More faster and efficient processing architecture, Hyper transport buses, amd-64 Branch prediction.
Massively faster storage subsystems and disk arrays, SSD slab caching for hypervisors

And some dude with a AJAX framework to serve a PDF bringging the whole thing to a a screeching halt

On April 17, 2019 10:35:29 PM EDT, Sean Donelan <sean at donelan.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 17 Apr 2019, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
>> Things will probably be easier this time. The Internet has evolved
>ways
>> of dealing with exactly this problem. (Avi used to call it “slash-dot
>
>> insurance”, but the idea is the same.) Specifically:
>
>Yep, it will be interesting to see where the chokepoints are tommorrow.
>
>In 1998, the bandwidth pipes never filled up. The chokepoint was in the
>
>TCP and Web stacks. Eventually the Associated Press got a copy of the
>Starr Report on a CD from a congressional staffer. The press intern
>running down the street holding a CD was faster than 1998 internet :-)
>
>We were also lucky in 1998, no one had thought of DDOS yet.

Frederick Wessling (CIO)
Succinct Systems LLC
Cell: +1(561) 571-2799
Office: +1(904) 758-9915 ext. 9925