Special Counsel Office report web site

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Thu Apr 18 02:35:29 UTC 2019

On Wed, 17 Apr 2019, Patrick W. Gilmore wrote:
> Things will probably be easier this time. The Internet has evolved ways
> of dealing with exactly this problem. (Avi used to call it “slash-dot
> insurance”, but the idea is the same.) Specifically:

Yep, it will be interesting to see where the chokepoints are tommorrow.

In 1998, the bandwidth pipes never filled up. The chokepoint was in the
TCP and Web stacks. Eventually the Associated Press got a copy of the
Starr Report on a CD from a congressional staffer. The press intern
running down the street holding a CD was faster than 1998 internet :-)

We were also lucky in 1998, no one had thought of DDOS yet.