modeling residential subscriber bandwidth demand

Aaron Gould aaron1 at gvtc.com
Tue Apr 2 18:13:11 UTC 2019

We use trendline/95% trendline that’s built into a lot of graphing tools… solarwinds, I think even cdn cache portals have trendlines… forecasts, etc.   My boss might use other growth percentages gleaned from previous years… but yeah, like another person mentioned, the more history you have the better it seems… unless there is some major shift for some strange big reason…  but have we ever seen that with internet usage growth ?  …yet. ?

I mean has the internet bandwidth usage ever gone down nationally/globally , similar to like a graph of the housing market in 2007/2008 ?

-Aaron