Reaching out to ARIN members about their RPKI INVALID prefixes

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 07:55:33 UTC 2018

> > in which case MD5 passwords on your BGP sessions pretty much
> > accomplishes the same thing with a lot less kerfuffle.

oh gosh, sorry I missed this in the previous conversation... for folk
following along at home:
  TCP-MD5  is really REALLY just: "better CRC(checksum)" on your  BGP
session, and is in no way related to which routes your bgp-peer
should/could/will be sending you over that peering.

Please do not confuse/conflate BGP / TCP-MD5 with routing-security :( Steve
Bellovin would be shocked and appalled at such conflation.