automatic rtbh trigger using flow data

Ryan Hamel Ryan.Hamel at quadranet.com
Sun Sep 2 09:07:14 UTC 2018

Baldur,

Modifying the routing table with a next-hop change from a community, is different than having a line card filtering packets at layer 4, of course most if not all carriers will support it. Instead of doing normal TCAM route lookups, you’re getting into packet inspection territory, which is something completely different.

Just quickly reading the ASR 9K documentation, it can only support 3K rules per system. Juniper – 8K, Alcatel-Lucent – 512. That’s pretty low considering I can put many /32s into a routing table very easily and without hassle.

As I said before, no ISP is going to offer such filtering services for free when DDoS mitigation is a cash cow.

Ryan Hamel