automatic rtbh trigger using flow data

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 08:42:09 UTC 2018

This is not true. Some of our transits do RTBH for free. For example Cogent.

They will not do FlowSpec. Maybe their equipment can not do it or for some
other reason.

However RTBH is a simple routing hack that can be implemented on any
router. The traffic is dropped right at the edge and is never transported
on the transit provider network. In that sense it also protects the transit
network.

RTBH only for UDP would also be a very simple hack on many routers.

It might not be FlowSpec, but it may have most of the benefit, in a much
simplified way.

Regards

Baldur