bloomberg on supermicro: sky is falling

Matt Harris matt at netfire.net
Fri Oct 12 21:38:32 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 3:53 PM William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> Your bank charges you service fees?
>
> When I opened an additional checking account so I'd have something to
> link paypal to, it was free.

Plus you don't earn rewards points.  I use an amex charge card for just
about everything, never pay a dime in interest, and my annual fee is offset
by about 5x by my points earnings.  Any bank that charges for basic
transfers and such is terrible - and yeah I know it's fairly common amongst
the largest banks in the US... I use a small credit union and they're
great.  The only time I've ever paid them a fee for a service was when I
did a very large wire transfer when I bought my house.

I'd recommend checking out some local credit unions to find better, more
consumer-friendly policies and fee schedules.

Take care,
Matt