bloomberg on supermicro: sky is falling

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Oct 12 20:53:19 UTC 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 4:39 PM Naslund, Steve <SNaslund at medline.com> wrote:
> >Make a second account at your bank.  One account is
> >'storage' and has all your money.  You never use
> >the 'storage account' ATM card for anything outside
> >your bank's ATM machines.
>
> Doubling the service fees from your bank.

Hi Steve,

Your bank charges you service fees?

When I opened an additional checking account so I'd have something to
link paypal to, it was free.

> >The second one is where you only keep $50-$100 in
> >it.  When you use your ATM card it's only this account
> >that's used.  Just before you make a purchase, move
> >money from your 'storage account' into your 'active
> >account' and make the purchase.
>
> Don’t really want to be doing transfers with service fees
> every time I decide to fill up the gas tank.

Your bank charges you a service fee to move money from one account to
another at the same bank? Weird. Also, why would you buy gas (or
anything else) with a debit card? Your legal liability protections
with a credit card are better. Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, the
consumer's maximum liability for a credit card breach is $50 and most
banks waive that as well.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

William Herrin ................ herrin at dirtside.com  bill at herrin.us