Oct. 3, 2018 EAS Presidential Alert test

Brian Kantor Brian at ampr.org
Tue Oct 9 18:58:31 UTC 2018

Many of those lightweight UPS units have a very small battery in
them and are really designed to 1) carry the computer across a power
flicker, or 2) provide a few minutes to shut down the computer in
a controlled manner.

Units with much bigger batteries to last a day are much more expensive
and much heavier.

If you're thinking of investing in one, download the manual and
take a look at the runtime-vs-load chart.  I believe you'll be
disappointed.  I was.
	- Brian