Internet diameter?

Keith Medcalf kmedcalf at dessus.com
Thu Nov 22 19:31:24 UTC 2018

>> I'd argue that's just content (though admittedly a lot of it).

"just static content" would be more accurate ...

>I would further argue that you can't cache active Web content, like
>bank account statements, utility billing, help desk request/responses,
>equipment status, and other things that change constantly.

There were many attempts at this by Johhny-cum-lately ISPs back in the 90's -- particularly Telco and Cableco's -- with their "transparent poxies".  Eventually they discovered that it was more cost efficient to actually provide the customer with what the customer had purchased.

---