Internet diameter?

Ignacio de castro ignactro at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 19:48:46 UTC 2018

It is indeed hard to say how useful is to know hop counts when a large
fraction of IXP member are remote and plenty of content is cached, but that
question was bugging me too and I have been looking into it. From what we
could see, pretty stable around 5 hops.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1810.10963

Disclaimer this is  an ongoing work. Feedback welcome!