MVPN Question - profile 0

Hari . ciscofreak at outlook.com
Wed May 30 07:11:33 UTC 2018

Hey -

One question on MVPN behavior. Will the PIM JOIN from the customer will be received on all the MVPN members - encapsulated MDT group. ? Can we expect to see the state in all the MDT members? Thought it will be seen only on RPF neighbor?

In our scenario,  the multicast VRF in PE should be preferring Core2 (thanks to default from core2 with high preference).  But still,

we are seeing some state created in CORE1. Although the majority is on CORE2.  Any thought on why the state created on CORE1 overriding the RPF check?

Regards