Opinions on intent-based networking

Marcus Leske marcusleskex at gmail.com
Wed May 30 01:10:10 UTC 2018

A Tier-1 deployed it today.

http://www.lightreading.com/data-center/data-center-infrastructure/apstra-dell-emc-boast-tier-1-deployment-/d/d-id/743452

It can be a lot of things and nothing, it can be just a GUI with some
UX built into it, relatively making it easy to configure stuff, and it
can be just a bunch of well written automation scripts with all sorts
of checks and whistles, it can be just a little bit more analytics on
top of that, and it can definitely be something a lot more if done
PROPERLY, I hear good things about Apstra but i cant confirm because
it can easily be marketing.

In my humble opinion, if done properly, the Network Operating System
would send telemetry info on any change in the network, and the Intent
Based Networking system would consume that, run it by a lot of
policies and take automated/guided actions.

There is a webinar tomorrow with their VP of Engneering, join it and
ask your question:
http://go.apstra.com/webinar-apstra-cumulus-disaggregation

Cheers,
Marcus