new diffserv code point LE PHB

Job Snijders job at instituut.net
Fri Mar 30 11:30:07 UTC 2018

Dear Mikael,

On Fri, Mar 30, 2018 at 12:27:52PM +0200, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:
> I would like to bring attention to the following IETF draft:
>
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-le-phb-04
>
> I believe this is well under way through the IETF process, and if someone
> has strong opinions on it they should speak up. I am one of the proponents,
> as I posted to this list back in 2015:
>
> https://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2015-July/077040.html
>
> I think it's a great idea to have a diffserv code point that is supposed to
> be treated less than best effort (for backup traffic for instance), but it
> would be nice if someone would be willing to deploy support for it as well.
>
> Thoughts?

Do you have configuration examples for common IP carrier platforms on
how to deploy support? Or is support in CPE's, laptops, & CDN caches
sufficient? Are you aware of any software distributors that have
indicated interest in this approach?

In cases where you have both 'normal' and 'bulk' content on the same
webserver, are there any webservers that allow you to set a DSCP value
per path or filename?

Kind regards,

Job