new diffserv code point LE PHB

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Mar 30 10:27:52 UTC 2018

Hi,

I would like to bring attention to the following IETF draft:

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-le-phb-04

I believe this is well under way through the IETF process, and if someone
has strong opinions on it they should speak up. I am one of the
proponents, as I posted to this list back in 2015:

https://mailman.nanog.org/pipermail/nanog/2015-July/077040.html

I think it's a great idea to have a diffserv code point that is supposed
to be treated less than best effort (for backup traffic for instance), but
it would be nice if someone would be willing to deploy support for it as
well.

Thoughts?

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se