Tunable QSFP Optics

Luke Guillory lguillory at reservetele.com
Tue Jun 19 20:16:19 UTC 2018

Seeing that it seems I’m misunderstanding things, so I went grab a meter and checked what was leaving. Both of the 100g SFPs were only outputting on 1310, while the 40g showed each of the 4 lanes.

100GBASE-LR4 QSFP28 Transceiver Module (SMF, 1310nm, 10km, LC, DOM)
Optical Components       DML 1310nm

Juniper 100GBASE-ER4, Showing 1310 as the only color leaving.

Parameter

100GBASE-ER4

Optical interface

Single-mode

Standard

IEEE 802.3ba-2010

Maximum distance

SMF cable, 40 km (24.9 miles)

Transmitter wavelength per lane

1294.53 through 1296.59 nm
1299.02 through 1301.09 nm
1303.54 through 1305.63 nm
1308.09 through 1310.19 nm

40GBASE-LR4 Compatible 40GBASE-LR4 QSFP+ Transceiver Module (SMF, 1310nm, 10km, LC, DOM)
Optical Components       DFB CWDM

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D407E0.78FB4970]